TEXANS Can! SECURITY STATEMENT
Information You Give Us
We receive and store information about all alumni, faculty, students, friends, and other affiliates of TEXANS Can! for the purposes of maintaining relationships with the school and carrying out School business. We do not share or sell information about any of our constituents for any use outside of official School business and the purposes explained when you give us the information.
* We work to protect the security of your information during transmission over the Internet and the TEXANS Can! Network by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input, and standard user security.
* We do not store credit card numbers anywhere on our network or campus, in digital or paper form. We do retain the first four digits and last four digits of your credit card only in case you need to confirm that card or order with us.
* We do transmit credit card numbers and other necessary transaction information to VeriSign (the industry's leading payment service provider) for order processing over secure (SSL) lines at the time of purchase, so that no TEXANS Can! employee ever handles the complete number.
* It is important for you to protect yourself against unauthorized access to your credit card information and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
Your Information Options
* You can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed use the features of our web site.
As an educational institution, we obviously have the concerns of children in mind. Since our web site does offer information for non-adults, we carefully monitor our content to be appropriate for all audiences. However, pages that allow payment for services are intended for adults. If you are under 18, you should not use the pages without the involvement of a parent or guardian.
Other Information TEXANS Can! Collects
We collect and analyze certain information about every to the TEXANS Can! web sites for the purposes of evaluating performance and page visits. This information includes the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet; login and password (when connecting to the secure TEXANS Can! Intranet); computer and connection information such as browser type and version, operating system, and platform; and the Uniform Resource Locators (URL) of the page you viewed to arrive to our site, every page you viewed at our site, and the URL you left our site to go to, and date and time, cookie number, and search keywords used on those pages.