"Career leads him back to academy once again. “Crazy!” That’s the only term Hector can utter about his high school experience at Sunset High in Dallas, Texas."
- Young professional finds security at Dallas Can!
"Ashley was put into foster care as a young girl. Over six years, she was placed in seven foster homes in three different cities and attended 15 different schools."
- Foster care student finds home at Austin Can!
"Amanda, 2003 Dallas Can! Academy graduate, realized after graduation that she’d learned more than she expected. Not only did she learn mathematical equations, English literature and scientific practices..."
- Perseverance Pays Off for Graduate
"Joshua was born and raised in New Orleans. Shortly after his father died, Hurricane Katrina further devastated the family. Joshua fled from his housing project as the water rose, fearing the worst because he cannot swim."
- Despite the Odds, Student Succeeds at Austin Can!
"The halls of Houston Can! Academy are filled with students who were at-risk of not completing their high school education. Nikosha is no different. But what is different is her unwavering determination"
- Determined Student Sets Example for Others
"At 30 years of age, Ana-Maria has everything she wants…career, family and an education that will never fail her. All because she chose to pursue her GED with Dallas Can! Academy."
- Beating the Statistics and Having it All
"Having been offered a full athletic scholarship for football, Brian believed he would live his dream of playing at collegiate level, and perhaps even as a professional. That dream, however, ended abruptly due to a serious knee injury."
- Houston Can! Student Graduates From Football to the Firehouse
"There was a time when Ana didn’t have much hope for what her future might hold. Her days were filled with severe bouts of depression, sadness and even thoughts of suicide."
- New Wife, Mother Seeks to Help Others as Registered Nurse
"Seventeen year old Crystal knew her life was heading in the wrong direction. After realizing the combination of hanging around the wrong crowd and surrounding herself with people who were really not supportive or encouraging friends, she knew"
- Houston Can! Supportive Learning Environment Key To Grads Success
"Unable to adequately satisfy the credit requirement set at her former high school, Brit’kne began listening."
- Can! Grad Faces Adversity and Leads by Example